Ten things I miss, in no particular order:
1. I miss writing. Getting ready for VBS consumes my days and sleep consumes my nights. That’s all I can manage right now.
2. I miss the smell of fresh cut hay. Even though the grass in our yard gets kind of long, it doesn’t give off that heady aroma I remember from the back forty.
3. I miss getting letters in the mail. There’s no anticipation when walking out to the mailbox anymore.
4. I miss my waist. It went somewhere when I turned fifty.
5. I miss eating a bowl of ice-cream before going to bed. Could be related to #4.
6. I miss Hudson. Katie sent me a picture today of a very poopy diaper and that even warmed my heart.
7. I miss spending summer afternoons at the city pool with other moms and all our kids.
8. I miss reading. On June 22 I am going to download ten new books on my Kindle.
9. I miss Hugh Bonneville and Maggie Smith. (I’m getting PB hooked on Downton Abbey.)
10. I miss the sound of the loons on the lake up north.
What have you been missing lately?