Hudson’s auntie has dubbed her new nephew Hud Bud. Isn’t that cute?
Hud Bud. Hud Bud. Hud Bud. So fun to say!
Here’s what I’ve been doing lately:
1. When there are no more diapers downstairs, I run upstairs to get a fresh supply.
2. When there are no more wipes upstairs, I run downstairs to get some more.
3. One afternoon, I went through all the baby clothes that were passed on to Hudson or given as gifts. I sorted them all into sizes, put them into separate baskets and labeled each one. Newborn, 0-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-9 months, 6-12 months, 12 months, 12-18 months, 18-24 months. Whew. The kid has a lot of clothes.
4. I made Cinnamon Struesel Coffeecake, Spaghetti Pie, Chicken and Rice Hotdish, Vegetable Beef Barley Soup, BBQ, Bowtie Lasagna, Banana Bread, Chicken Salad…..so far. Some to eat, some to put in the freezer.
5. I found a hamper full of dirty clothes and started in on laundry.
6. When my darling daughter needs her boppie or an ice pack or help putting on her socks, I am there.
And my favorite:
7. When 4:00 a.m. rolls around, and mommy and daddy have been up several times in the night, I get to take over with the little guy. Just Hud Bud and me, singing, talking, praying, rocking. He won’t remember these precious days, but I’ll never forget them.
Look at those beautiful, bright eyes, he is taking it all in – what a lucky boy to be surrounded by so much love!! Congratulations Katie and Noah – He is a Keeper~~~
You and I both know Our Lord loves those early mornings and He is enjoying those times right along with you.
I love #7. I bet Katie loves that one as much as you do but for very different reasons 🙂 So glad you are there to enjoy those quiet moments.
What an incredible Grandma and mother you are!!!
Looks like you have Gramma’s (oops, I mean Nonnie’s) role figured out pretty well! You go girl!
Glad you are getting this special time with Katie and the new sweet one. These memories will stay with you and mean a lot. Hey, I recognize some of those foods. Remember our recipe book and once-a month-cooking? I did that before Erin’s little Shara was born and stocked her up for a while. This summer I’ll get to cook again and love 3 little ones to pieces. Erin is still waiting for the baby identical twin boys to come. Due in March but could come any time now and be healthy. I won’t get there until June though
I can imagine you and Blake as wonderful grandparents!
Eeeee! What a sweetie! I can’t wait to take over all of those duties 🙂 even #7! Ahhhh my little Hud Bud 🙂