Hudson’s auntie has dubbed her new nephew Hud Bud. Isn’t that cute?
Hud Bud. Hud Bud. Hud Bud. So fun to say!
Here’s what I’ve been doing lately:
1. When there are no more diapers downstairs, I run upstairs to get a fresh supply.
2. When there are no more wipes upstairs, I run downstairs to get some more.
3. One afternoon, I went through all the baby clothes that were passed on to Hudson or given as gifts. I sorted them all into sizes, put them into separate baskets and labeled each one. Newborn, 0-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-9 months, 6-12 months, 12 months, 12-18 months, 18-24 months. Whew. The kid has a lot of clothes.
4. I made Cinnamon Struesel Coffeecake, Spaghetti Pie, Chicken and Rice Hotdish, Vegetable Beef Barley Soup, BBQ, Bowtie Lasagna, Banana Bread, Chicken Salad…..so far. Some to eat, some to put in the freezer.
5. I found a hamper full of dirty clothes and started in on laundry.
6. When my darling daughter needs her boppie or an ice pack or help putting on her socks, I am there.
And my favorite:
7. When 4:00 a.m. rolls around, and mommy and daddy have been up several times in the night, I get to take over with the little guy. Just Hud Bud and me, singing, talking, praying, rocking. He won’t remember these precious days, but I’ll never forget them.