I decided to quit “watching the pot” today. You know, a watched pot never boils. I’m assuming a watched pregnant woman doesn’t go into labor, either. So instead of checking my phone every two minutes, I am getting my mind off the impending birth of my first grandchild. Here’s how I’m trying to stay distracted today:
1. Turn on favorite tunes real loud and vacuum, mop, scrub, spit and polish. Sit down and cry when Shane and Shane’s song “The One You Need” starts playing.
2. Go to coffee shop downtown to have a coffee and read. Read the same paragraph four times then leave.
3. Stop at Walgreens to pick up a few items. Find myself in the baby aisle sniffing Baby Magic lotion.
4. Sit down to watch the Badger basketball game. Flip channels during commercials and end up watching “16 and Pregnant”.
5. Send texts to my husband, my sons, my other daughter, several friends, praise band kids, my third cousin once removed; everybody BUT the mommy-to-be.
6. Consider making a big pin to wear to church tomorrow that says, “Yes, I’m still here.”
Well, that took care of part of the day…..
You know, a watched pot does eventually boil. Maybe I should call my girl and tell her that….yah, I think that’s what I’ll do….