Ten Reasons Why Baseball Is the Best Sport Ever
1. A .300 batting average is considered to be really good. Which means you can fail 70% of the time and still be amazing.
2. If it starts raining, baseball players go inside and wait until the rain stops before going back out.
3. Baseball players get to chew great big wads of gum and they get to spit sunflower seeds all over the dugout.
4. From April to September, thirty teams each play 162 games which means there are 2430 baseball games to entertain us all summer long, unlike football players who only give their fans 521 regular season games. I’m just saying….
5. There is singing at baseball games. Where else can you join in with a choir of thousands belting out “God Bless America” and “Roll Out the Barrel”?
6. Baseball is not a slow game. A 90 mph fast ball takes approximately .4 seconds to reach the batter. The batter gets about .2 seconds to decide if he’s going to swing or not.
7. Baseball players don’t have to huddle up after every play and talk about what they are going to do next. They know what they are going to do: hit the ball, run fast.
8. There’s no hitting or tackling or blindsiding people in baseball. But you can stand toe to toe with the ump and yell your heart out, as long as you don’t spit or say bad words.
9. Baseball players are polite. If the fans are cheering like crazy after a big home run, the slugger will step out of the dugout and tip his hat to the crowd. Football players never tip their helmets. Just saying….
10. God loves baseball. Genesis 1:1 – “In the big-inning, God created…”