“You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again?” Matthew 5:13
I’m glad Jesus picked the word “salt” to describe His followers. There are so many good things about salt.
1) Salt enhances flavor — Lord, help me to bring out the best in the people around me.
2) Salt preserves — God, help me to use Your Word to prevent decay and destruction.
3) Salt purifies — Father, let me find ways to sprinkle love, joy and peace into conversations.
4) Salt heals — Holy Spirit, use me to bring hope and wholeness to hurting people.
5) Salt creates thirst — Savior, create an atmosphere around me that makes others want to savor You.
I’m glad Jesus didn’t say, “You are the sugar of the earth.” It’s hard to stay sweet.
I’m so glad He didn’t say, “You are the vinegar of the earth.” I hate to be sour.
I’m really glad He didn’t say, “You are the pepper of the earth.” I run out of pep pretty easy.
Thank You for shaking Your people out of the salt shaker and into the world. May we stay salty as we season this earth with Your unmistakeable flavor.
Pingback: 31 Days of Questions | a small drop of ink
I am going to embroider those five points on a fine piece of linen and hang it where I can see it every morning……..maybe by my quiet chair……so I may be better prepared to greet the day! Love this, Dinah!